Whether for school, work, or fun, a bubble map allows you to provide adjectives to the one main topic in question. It's an excellent way to center one's thoughts so they can work through problems efficiently. The bubble map is also a chance to flesh out the creative juices, expand the descriptive word options, and improve writing skills. Read this article to learn more about this template and how to create it effectively.
What is a bubble map?
A bubble map is a visual illustration of a topic, usually a noun, surrounded by adjectives used to describe it. You can connect the bubbles with related concepts by using lines to show the relationship between the two. Bubble maps are usually used as a brainstorming tool to generate fresh ideas and resolve conflicts.
The look of a bubble map template is so straightforward that its purpose is almost unlimited. You can even be playful while structuring your diagram and use photos and stickers to represent your bubbles and the main topic at the center.
When to use a bubble map?
You can draw a bubble map whenever you're curious about something or if you want to deepen your understanding of a subject. Here are a few significant scenarios where a bubble map will be necessary.
- Fiction.You can pick your favorite character from any series, movie, novel, or book and perform a bubble map template analysis by listing their attributes with words that would easily describe them.
- Science studies in school.Science lessons or any subject can be challenging for some students. Teachers can have their students adopt the bubble map to understand specific chapters better. For example, in a biology class, you can simplify the phases of human development from infants to toddlers and children to adults.
- Understanding abstract concepts.There are several vague objects, illustrations, and ideas wherever you go. For example, a painting. Each audience has respective interpretations of one painting. When looking at the artwork, you can use a bubble map to describe your feelings.
- Understanding roles.Professionals and businesses also use a bubble map template to map out the duties and responsibilities of employees. This allows organizations to define the person's scope of work and notify them of the tasks demanded of them daily.
Benefits of using a bubble map template
Using the bubble template allows you to do the following:
- Better brainstorming.You can maximize your brainstorming sessions with a bubble map template. The structure lets you add connected bubbles to clarify and simplify concepts.
- Improved critical thinking. In most cases, a bubble map looks like an unstructured layout. It's a good thing since you can quickly think of new ideas, build new connections between two existing ideas and write them without disrupting other sections in the map.
- Excellent visualization. The map might involve several bubbles, but the layout allows teams to recall ideas during meetings easily. If you created the bubble map template online, you can share the document through a link and let other team members edit the template.
- Better writing skills. You're also honing your writing skills as you explore different adjectives to describe the topic in question in the bubble map template. Most importantly, it increases your critical thinking abilities, which are integral to the professional setting.
How to use the bubble map template in Boardmix?
As mentioned previously, you can explore various bubble map templates online. Boardmix lets users exercise creativity by maximizing its library's bubble map template.
- Access Boardmix and log in to your account. Ensure to create an account if you don't have one.
- Once logged in, go to Templates to search for the bubble map template.
- Fill in all blank bubbles and customize your structure using colors, arrows, and images.
- Share your template with your colleagues via the link.
FAQs about bubble map
What is a bubble map for?
A bubble map is a visual tool invented to help people develop their thoughts, improve writing skills, expand creativity, brainstorm new ideas, and improve writing skills. The template lets you explore vague and broad concepts resulting in a better understanding of ideas. It's a versatile diagramming tool used in various fields in education and corporate, to name a few.
Is a bubble map a type of mind map?
Yes. A bubble map is closely related to a mind map. However, the mind map can be a complex visual illustration, especially if you add various branches and different connections. As you know, the simple bubble map only includes one topic with adjectives surrounding it. The bottom line is that you can use the mind-mapping process to create a simple bubble map template.