In your everyday life, you are asked to continuously make decisions. Therefore, chances are that you have already created a pros and cons list. This technique is very versatile and can be used for any life situation. For instance, you can create an example of pros and cons list in relationship and even find several marriage relationship pros and cons list examples.
In this article, we will allow you to discover examples of pros and cons list in relationship. In addition to this, we have also added some very specific marriage relationship pros and cons list examples to show you that you can use this technique for any situation. Let’s get started.
What Is a Pros and Cons List
As its name suggests, a pros and cons list is a list of all the benefits and limitations of a decision. For instance, the marriage relationship pros and cons list allow you to determine whether getting married is the right life choice for you at this particular moment. The great thing about this technique is that you can apply it to any possible scenario.
Why Use a Pros and Cons List
There is no denying that a pros and cons list is one of the most commonly used tools and with good reason. This technique has been designed to help you weigh your options to decide what’s best for you.
In more detail, pros and cons lists have these benefits:
- They give you the clarity you need to make up your mind,
- Theycan break down even the most complex situation,
- They reduce your internalized bias, thus allowing you to view things more objectively,
- They are a visual representation of the pros and cons, thus allowing you to compare them at a glance.
6 Pros and Cons List Examples in Various Scenarios
Pros and Cons List Example – 01
In the first pros and cons list example, we are examining the benefits and drawbacks of moving abroad to work. In this instance, the employee has received an offer to move for a limited time to the company’s branch in a different country. Therefore, they need to weigh all of the elements to make their final decision.
The pros and cons list example for this case will be like this:
- It’s an opportunity to grow my career,
- I will be exposed to a different working environment,
- Moving abroad means that my salary will increase,
- I will create connections with my international coworkers,
- Moving abroad is a once-in-a-lifetime experience,
- I will get acquainted with a new culture.
- At first, it will be difficult to adapt,
- That country’s climate is totally different from mine, thus having an impact on my psychology,
- I don’t know the local language,
- I will be away from my family and friends,
- I will feel disconnected from my own culture.
Pros and Cons List Example – 02
In the following pros and cons list example, we study the advantages and disadvantages of quitting your job. This is an example useful to any individual who feels unsatisfied with their job and wants to find something they are truly passionate about.
Here is what the pros and cons list example will look like:
- I have the chance to find work that supports my beliefs,
- I will reduce my work-related stress,
- I will get away from a bad working environment,
- I can focus on my side project and launch a startup,
- I can take some time off to acquire new skills.
- I will lose my steady income,
- There will be a gap in my resumé,
- The uncertainty will cause me stress,
- I won’t have healthcare coverage as long as I don’t have a job.
Example of Pros and Cons List in Relationship – 03
In the following example of pros and cons list related to relationship, we are reading the thought process of someone that doesn’t know if they should forgive their best friend. Decisions that concern personal relationships are complex since they are often very emotional. That’s why a pros and cons list example is great for making up your mind.
This is how the example of pros and cons list relationship will be:
- I will maintain a relationship that has stood the test of time,
- I will let go of the feelings of anger and resentment,
- Learning to forgive will help me mature as a person.
- My best friend might repeat this hurtful action,
- I might have residual hurt feelings that will lead to mistrust,
- The friendship will feel forced and awkward.
Example of Pros and Cons List in Relationship – 04
Breaking up with your significant other is a decision that many hesitate to make. Therefore, the following example of pros and cons list in relationship focuses on this scenario. Of course, this decision becomes easier the less serious that a relationship is. Instead, in the marriage relationship pros and cons list examples of both benefits and drawbacks have even more weight.
The example of pros and cons list in relationship will look like this:
- I will get out of this toxic relationship,
- I will stop feeling jealous,
- I will prioritize my emotional well-being,
- It is a chance to rediscover myself,
- I will meet new and exciting people.
- I have invested emotionally in this person,
- It will take some time to get over it,
- I will feel lonely,
- I will need to adjust my future plans.
Marriage Relationship Pros and Cons List Example – 05
There are many marriage relationship pros and cons list examples that we can examine. The first example of pros and cons list relationship that we are going to see tries to answer the common question “should I marry this person”. As this is an important decision for someone’s life, you need to make sure that you truly want it.
This is the pros and cons list example for this case:
- I will form an unbreakable emotional bond with my significant other,
- I have always wanted to have a family,
- My salary will increase after the marriage,
- I will feel emotional security,
- I will share my routine and anxiety with someone I love.
- I will lose my independence,
- Moving in with someone will be challenging,
- Marriage might change our relationship dynamics,
- It will be difficult to pursue my own interests and hobbies.
Marriage Relationship Pros and Cons List Example – 06
Another one of the most common marriage relationship pros and cons list examples examines the advantages and disadvantages of moving to a new area with your spouse. In this particular example, we are using the case of someone thinking of moving to a rural area after marriage.
In more detail, the pros and cons list example will look like this:
- The cost of living will be lower,
- We will be close to nature,
- My spouse’s family will be close,
- Our stress levels will be reduced,
- We will become more self-sustained.
- We might feel isolated,
- Basic amenities, like schools and hospitals, will be away,
- The connection to the Internet might be bad,
- There won’t be many opportunities for entertainment.
Key Takeaway: Pros and Cons List Template & Tool
As you can imagine, the list of marriage relationship pros and cons list examples is never-ending since we can use this technique for any scenario you can imagine. And the best thing about it is that you can create your own pros and cons list relationship with the help of Boardmix.
This online collaborative whiteboard offers you a variety of tools that make the creation of a pros and cons list easier than ever before. The only thing you need to do is use the ready-made template that Boardmix has designed and customize it to what you want. You can even work together with your partners in real time if it is a co-decision. Create your account for free today to try it out!