You're familiar with the bubble map, but it's your time to read about a double bubble map. Technically, they're both the same and different in various distinct ways. When you look at a double bubble map, there are two sets of bubble maps. This is because it's a map that compares and contrasts concepts and things.
What is a double bubble map?
A double bubble map is a visual tool usually used by teachers to educate their students about the differences and similarities of various ideas. It's also a valuable template for students as they can construct the concepts of two different variables in an organized manner.
The double bubble map is placed side-by-side, which serves as a thinking map and is essential for ideation. This graphic organizer boosts creativity so you can gather your thoughts and make solutions to existing issues involved.
When to use a double bubble map?
You can work on a double bubble map when faced with situations including the following:
- Organizing information. Complex topics can be understood easily when using a double bubble map. It organizes and visually represents details to see the central topic's logic. The map presents the differences and similarities and illustrates relationships among the items at the same time.
- Compare and contrast. The main goal of using a double bubble map is to compare and contrast two concepts or things. It's an efficient tool to identify parallels between two things. In the classroom, students can use the map to compare science and math concepts.
- Generating ideas. The double bubble map is also helpful in brainstorming sessions like a bubble map. Professionals can use the map to explore marketing techniques and new strategies. You can come up with fresh ideas and compare them using the map to know which is more beneficial to the organization.
Benefits of using a double bubble map template
Here are some reasons why a double bubble map template is advantageous for any individual or organization.
- It lets you create justified comparisons. You're making your job easier with a double bubble map template. It does not only highlight comparisons, but it allows you to have a visual illustration of which areas two things are different and similar. This simplifies complex and vague ideas.
- The map is flexible. Students from any educational level can benefit from the double bubble map template. They can include as many bubbles as they want and expand the map to visualize complex details.
- It improves an individual's comprehension. As much as they're used in different fields and situations, the double bubble map template is an excellent learning tool for students. They can understand ideas and compare their details to digest and understand the topic better. At the same time, teachers also use this map as they can effectively explain topics and get immediate feedback from students.
- You can focus on the main idea. The two main bubbles at the center of the map represent the main idea which lets your audience quickly understand and compare the elements in the map. While you may be looking out for the smaller bubbles in the map, the template keeps the main idea steady, so it's easy to relate it to the supporting details in the map.
How to use the double bubble map template in Boardmix
The best way to create a double bubble map template is through online diagramming software. There are pre-built templates where you only need to fill in the bubbles to analyze the concepts involved. Look closely at the steps below to know how it's done in Boardmix.
- Log in to your Boardmix account and process to the workspace.
- Choose from the template collection in the library and use it.
- Customize your map and add more bubbles if necessary. Use images, colors, and different shapes for your template.
- Once done, get the link to your template and allow your colleagues to view the map using the link.
FAQs about double bubble map
What type of graphic organizer is a double bubble map?
A double bubble map is an educational graphic organizer useful for students and teachers to compare and contrast ideas, events, places, people, and characters.
What is the difference between a Venn diagram and a double bubble map?
Venn diagrams and double bubble maps are similar as they're used to compare and contrast situations. The difference lies in how they used the circles. You will see overlapping circles in the Venn diagram to represent similarities. Meanwhile, a double bubble map template uses parallel circles for the main ideas and smaller circles for compare and contrast points.
What is the difference between bubble map and double bubble map?
A bubble map and a double bubble map are both visual tools used for organizing information, but they serve different purposes. A bubble map is used for describing a single concept or idea using adjectives or short phrases. It consists of a central bubble with the main idea, and surrounding bubbles that contain descriptive words related to the main idea.
On the other hand, a double bubble map is used for comparing and contrasting two different concepts or ideas. It consists of two overlapping circles, each representing a unique idea. The individual sections of each circle are used to list the unique characteristics of each idea, while the overlapping section is used to list the similarities between the two ideas. Therefore, while a bubble map focuses on one topic, a double bubble map allows for comparison between two topics.